How can I become a library member?
For library membership, user has to come to Circulation Section in 13th floor of HBR Tower. Users need one copy passport & two copy stamp size photographs (Lab print) and have to fill up a library membership form provided by library authority.s.
How long my membership is valid?
For a student, his/her membership is valid up to taking final clearance for certificates.
How many books can I borrow at a time?
- • Faculty : Number of Item -> Book (5),Audio visual (2); Loan Period -> Book (30 days),Audio visual (15); Over due fines(Tk/day) -> Book (2 Tk/day),Audio visual (5 Tk/day)
- • Administrative staff : Number of Item -> Book (5),Audio visual (2); Loan Period -> Book (30 days),Audio visual (15); Over due fines(Tk/day) -> Book (2 Tk/day),Audio visual (5 Tk/day)
- • Student : Number of Item -> Book (2),Audio visual (1); Loan Period -> Book (7 days),Audio visual (7); Over due fines(Tk/day) -> Book (2 Tk/day),Audio visual (5 Tk/day)
How can I access E-Resources of PAU Central Library?
All of the subscribed e-resources of PAU Central Library are accessible from University premises without any username or password. Only HINARI, AGORA and OARE database require username and password to login in these databases. You are required to come in PAU Central Library and contact Library personnel to get access to these three databases. The subscribed databases are not accessible from outside the PAU campus.
Can I suggest to the library for purchasing any books?
- • PAU Central Library welcomes purchase suggestions from faculty members, students, staff, or registered library users for enriching library materials which support teaching, study, and research at the University community.
- • Suggestions are reviewed by library committee because Library isn't able to purchase all requested books at a time. Before submitting a suggestion, please check the book database of the library to determine if the item you need or wish to suggest has already in the library.
- • Users are requested to fill up the requisition form provided by circulation section and submit this form to the requirement box.
Where are the back issues of newspapers kept?
The back issues (2 years) of newspaper are kept in 10th floor of HBR Tower in Archive section of the reference library.
What can a user do if he/she lost a book?
If a user loses a book, he/she has to replace that item. If he/she fails to replace it, then he/she has to pay full replacement charge (Double Price) of the item.
How can I search the online catalogue/Book Database of PAU Central Library?
Anybody can search PAU Central Library online catalogue/ book database through its user-friendly pull down option that is in PAU Central Library home page, or by asking for assistance to library staff. Just click OPAC to search. Use the DDC number for the concerned item in Search and find out from the respective call number.
How can a user contact library personnel?
A user can contact with library personnel physically, through phone or email. He/She also can contact using query option available in library website (9.30am – 5.30 pm).
How many times a user can renew a material?
No Library materials may be renewed on the same day of deposit but may be issued the next day after producing it personally to library circulation desk. PAU Central Library provides same copy of borrowed books, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM etc for users on return day. This copy is issued for seven (07) days.